By Ramsha Nayab
Feb 17, 2023
HABITS OF GENUINELY INTELLIGENT PEOPLE
1. They don’t talk about how smart they are.
Smart people are busy growing their minds
2. They try to figure things out themselves.
They want to experiment and problem-solve. They want to struggle a little first and don’t give up too soon.
3. They’re always hunting knowledge.
They focus on what they want to know, not what they already know.
4. They connect the dots.
They look for connections between dissimilar things, read across fields and disciplines.
5. They abstract from their experiences.
They find patterns in ordinary stuff and scale them up, always observing tiny parts of life that are often overlooked and figure out how to explain them
6. They seek out puzzles and paradoxes.
They wrap their minds around things that can’t/shouldn’t make sense, knowing something caused it to happen.
7. They have no problem with failure.
They see failed experiments as information that is one step closer to what they are looking for.